The basics of matched betting – part 9: Matched betting advice
Starting matched betting can be a daunting prospect so we’ve put our best bits of matched betting advice together in one place to help you get started.
- Read through the dedicated training resources here before you start placing bets.
- Treat matched betting like a job (part or full time, depending upon your circumstances/needs) and dedicate time to matched betting every day. Remember, you get out of this what you put in. Make time for it, and the cash will flow. If you don’t make time, you won’t make money.
- Open a new email account (i.e. Hotmail, AOL, Yahoo etc) when you open accounts with bookies, and keep just for matched betting. Keep an eye out for offers of free bets and bonuses from bookies in this email account. They will come pretty frequently and should help you to smash past the £1000 profit barrier in no time
- Get the joining offers out of the way before you do any other matched betting offers (reloads). Opening offers are usually much easier.
- Open bookmaker accounts from the links in our joining offers. We only put the best offers in those links, some of which aren’t advertised.
- Stay away from Casino offers until you’re at least proficient in matched betting. They can seem like good offers but usually come with stipulations and wagering requirements. These will limit the amount of profit you can make and more importantly increase the likelihood you’ll end up losing money.
- Use a debit card for all your deposits. Some offers are only available using debit cards, so stick with the debit card for now.
- If you’re planning on getting a mortgage in the next few months, open a separate bank account to your main one. Lots of what looks like gambling can be problematic, and require an explanation, if a bank scrutinises your statements.
- Don’t spend your profit unless you have to. You’ll need some of the profits to do some really profitable, big offers such as the 10Bet offer (£200 bonus).
- If you’re feeling anxious about doing your 1st offer, relax. Watch the video, be confident and pull the trigger. What’s the worst that can happen? Believe me, the offers get very easy very quickly and you’ll wonder what you were worried about.
- Lastly, if you get stuck on any part of the offer, you’ve some great sources for getting the help you need. At the top of the page, click either HELP or FORUM. The help section has our training and help guides, a glossary and links to the Forum. The Forum is a really useful place which you can use to discuss best practice, help on offers and also all the great offers available with people who are going, or have gone through, the same as you. Every tricky situation you face in Matched Betting has probably already been faced (and solved) by someone on the forum
If you’ve any matched betting advice you want to share, or want advice on a particular aspect, get involved in the Winning Strategy forum. All free, of course 🙂